Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Joy Clair Be A Flamingo and Out of this World

**This is one of 2 posts I have today.  If you are looking for the Calling All Sistahs October Reminder post then please go here.**



Hello Blogging Friends,


Today it is my turn on the Joy Clair Blog and I am sharing my post here too.  I have two cards that I made with 2 of Joy Clair stamps sets.

  

These are the stamps sets that I will be using:


Be A Flamingo stamp set:



and 


Out of this World stamp set:



Here is my first card:




For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of paper from the Lemoncraft 6  x 6 paper pack and added that to the card base.  I took some watercolor paper and some Memento Black ink and stamped the flamingo from the Joy Clair Be A Flamingo stamp set onto the paper.  I colored it in with Copic markers and then I cut it out using the Gina Marie Designs Big and Little Pierced Chain Rectangle die. I decided wither I wanted to place the sentiment and stamped that with black ink.  I then took a piece of coral paper and mounted the flamingo onto the paper and then cut it out with the next size up rectangle die.  I then took some DL.ART Pink Hue crinkle ribbon from the Mermaid's Tale First Edition bundle and made a bow and attached that to the top left hand corner of the card.

Here is a closer look at this card:




I made my next card with the Joy Clair Out of this World stamp set:



For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  To make my background look like outer space I used some distress inks to make the background.  I got out my distress inks, my blending tool, watercolor paper and my craft mat.


I took my Picked Raspberry distress ink, blending tool and watercolor paper and rubbed some ink onto the paper.


Then  I took the Blueprint Sketch distress ink and my blending tool and rubbed on some of the blue ink being sure to overlap it into the pink area.


I took the Seedless Grape distress ink and the blending took and rubbed that onto the rest of the paper.


Then I took some Black Soot distress ink and my blending tool and blended the black ink all around the edges and lightly over the whole thing to make it look like the night sky.


When that was done I spritzed my paper with some water and then sprinkled coarse salt over the paper and let it dry.


I love the way the salt makes the ink look when it dries!  Really adds to the background!



After it was dry, I wiped the salt off the paper and here is how it looked:


After the background was done I took another piece of watercolor paper and my black ink and stamped the earth, moon and spacedships from the Joy Clair Out of this World stamp set onto the paper and then colored them in with Copic markers and then fussy cut them all out and arranged them on the card.  I took the sentiment and stamped that with Versamark and then heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.

Here is a closer look at my card:




I hope I have inspired you to create something fun today!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori





4 comments:

  1. Hi Lori your cards are gorgeous I love the stamps and the background you created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so gorgeous!! I love the flamingo!! So beautiful!! Your outer space card is out of this world!! The background looks amazing!! Fabulous tutorial, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pretty flamingo!!Beautiful card. The space card is so cool!! Awesome background.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background! I've totally forgotten about that salt technique, and doesn't it just work beautifully for your little space travelers? Thank you for the tutorial. Am in love with your flamingos and their cute sentiments. What a fun company to design for, and what fabulous cards! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!